Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Friday, October 17, 2008

Yellow Trees In NC & Omar Exits Stage Right



A very pretty yellow tree sits outside my window. It looks like that golden tree in the forest that my best friend Linda liked so much. I don't remember it's name, but the leaves were all golden.

So, it's fall and I am up north in Raleigh which is considered the deep south by the people here but it still begs the question.. how can something called North be Southern? But, it is.. very friendly people and houses with big wrap around porches and accents that drawl all the way to country kitchens.

And, I'm watching loops of the tropics far away. A coastal low will form off of the Carolina's it seems and continue moving away I think. Sun is coming out slowly, it's blue jean weather not flip flops and short skirts lol.

Watch the area of cloudiness around the Yucatan for possible development later this week. I don't see how anything could develop that strong as I don't think conditions are all that great but something weak could develop and wander it's way towards Florida maybe. A real strong maybe. A weak Floyd storm from 87 maybe... maybe..or go south of Florida towards Cuba and through the Straits. Just thinking out loud with my fingers. I don't really see it but the models do.. yet they see all sorts of different things. So, until they are looking at the same fantasy storm I won't worry on my few kids left back in Miami this week.

Omar was a storm for the record books, strong storm. As was the Redsox come back last night. But, can they do it again?

Time will tell.. keep watching as October is not really all over but the rhyme pretends it is..

Have a nice weekend. I'm busy with Shabbos North Carolina style and I'm not cooking, I'm on vacation.. feeling the Fall and the change of the seasons.

Besos Bobbi

Funny, when I was here this Spring the Yellow tree was purple. Funny how trees change colors up north.. or northern south. Well, you know what I mean ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home