Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Friday, August 18, 2006

Tropics, Friday Morning ...

Phrase of the Day.. maybe the weekend, but for sure the day..

AND UPPER-LEVEL WINDS ARE NOT FAVORABLE FOR TROPICAL CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT

Straight from the horse or the National Hurricane Center and their discussion. All the other words are just there, this remains the bottom line for now.

AND UPPER-LEVEL WINDS ARE NOT FAVORABLE FOR TROPICAL CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT

There are some nice waves out by Africa and the ITCZ is wetter than it has been and therefore those waves may have more to work with than the last but still upper level winds are not favorable.

Got to get that Ocean a bit hotter, the dust a bit more gone, the waves a bit wetter.

Sounds like an old song from You're a Good Man Charlie Brown... little more wind, little more heat, little more rain, little more .. got to get this stupid wave to spin lol.

I'm back from my whirlwind trip in the Big Apple and YES I did see the Empire State Building but from below which is really more breathtaking.. the lobby is so awesome. And, I did actually somehow find CIRCA the Kosher Restaurant near there and went to EstiChanna or however it is spelled with my son Levi and his girlfriend Sara and went to some other bistro place with my son Sruly and family and had sushi in both places. Sushi seems to rule in the Big Apple for the young Jewish, Frum, Lubavitch kids. I davened in 770 in the morning, bought a few pictures in Merkaz (can never resist you know, always one picture you need you never saw before) and took the car service on Union over to work... (there's something I never did before...) and closed my eyes and remembered fabregens that went til way after midnight and YES I had breakfast in the Bagel place and ran into some friend of Shuky's from Israel and actually was pretty quiet in CH... Crown Heights and NY itself is awesome as always. Uptown, downtown, all around the town. Did I really live there when I was 18 and run around everywhere? Yup. I did. I really, really did.

And.... as for Shabbos.. Shayna is in town here and we have to make a big Shabbos and figure out what we are having and I need wine, good wine.. someone remind me to buy good wine.

And......as for the tropics ...the key to remember today is...

AND UPPER-LEVEL WINDS ARE NOT FAVORABLE FOR TROPICAL CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT

1 Comments:

At 1:25 PM, Blogger Editor said...

nice recap of CH visit!

visit: http://www.770EasternParkway.com

For updates on Chabad Lubavitch news around the world.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home