Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Let's Put It This Way

There is an old Jimmy Buffett song that basically goes.. "I don't know and I don't care" and that is about how I feel tonight.

Very, very tired after a long day at work and getting advisories that seem contrary to what I was seeing on fancy loops from NOAA. A storm that seems to be expanding and trying to intensify. Dumming down of weather to .. "oh look there's an upper level low" There has been an upper level low the whole time, that's what kicked the storm up and it's what the storm has been following. Today to explain dry air they explained about an upper level low.. not new..been there.

Storm was obviously turning west and they stayed with NNW and NW. Pressured dropped from 1007 to 1001 and they have kept it at 45 mph winds. I'm sorry if this is not the storm the NHC wanted to have but it is the storm the NHC is getting. And, so are we.

No one knows whether to open up for work tomorrow or close, go in or stay home.

I'm supposed to start classes downtown tomorrow night at the College for a special History class I'm taking on Miami History. Imagine it will be closed but they haven't put it on the website.

So...since everyone seems to be in this mode of .. "oh well... ummm" I imagine I can too.

I went to Publix and spent close to $100 for routine food and special supplies. I took out meat to cook in the morning and freeze to have in freezer .. in case. I have to get together batteries and first aid stuff.. "in case"

I'm tired and not much in the mood to do anything right now. Maybe I'll go lie down, make a list ... go through it.

But, when all is said and done it really sucks and am tired of being alone in shit like this..during times like this. And, no one seems to care but me. So, why should I?

I can be like one of those people who don't prepare, don't do much.. relax, watch TV, get drunk, go to sleep or read books with the TV off during the 5pm news when they have a hurricane watch.

Not a real happy camper. Not stress from the storm ... have no problem with the storm. Let her blow.. Either she will be a big nothing or she will rearrange my life.. which needs rearranging anyway.

Going off but promised to blog so I am blogging.

Miami will be fine and dandy.. for tonight anyway.

Will see what tomorrow brings... nite..from Miami

ps.. Jim is doing a nice show online.. might go in my room, lie down and listen on the laptop cause the stupid EEEEEEEEEEEEEE machine never lets me listen to Jim. For some reason it lets me listen to other things.. think the E machine is jealous of Jim. Would make sense.

Take care.. Bobbi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home