Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Thursday, March 14, 2024

Wild Weather Day!! SNOW!! Tornadoes!!! HAIL!!! 80 Degrees in Carolinas......... Must be March Close to Spring Equinox as Weather Goes Wild!!

 

Listening to Ryan Hall Y'all as I type this.
He's very good at what he does....
...and he has so much to walk about today!

I took the day off today to "rest up" as I'm getting over some 48 hour thing and as I can never sit still too long I reorganized everything in the bedroom and took a break from the news. Eventually I remembered it was supposed to snow in the Denver area, looked on Twitter and yes thatsnow storm nailed the area and spoke to my son there who sent me pics ...tho not allowed to show them so here's the pic of the Interstate there.


People stuck over night on the highway.
Why? This was a well predicted storm...
Schools were even closed in advance of it.
My son has close to 6 inches in his backyard.
It looks like a winter wonderland and it's not over!!


Hail and Severe Weather.

And in Raleigh it's Summer like........



My caption is .........well "that happened" though the rest of the week the highs are politely in the 50s and 60s and this is why many people here are sick with some sort of cold as the boomerang weather temperatures are driving crazy.

One year ... years back we woke up to a random, surprise dusting of snow in the morning in this part of March and in the afternoon it was close to 80 degrees. Yup.




So going to listen to Ryan Hall, I put the news on mute and now I'm cleaning out my notebooks and organizing. As Miss Scarlett once said,  "tomorrow  is another day" or something like that. I'm not totally over the 48 hour thing and taking meds and if I stay on I might get silly so I'll leave you with today's  Hurricane Preparation Tip. 




https://www.floridagofishing.com/boating-preparing-your-boat-for-hurricanes.html This link is if you have a sailboat, it gives valuable advice in case of an approaching hurricane later this year! 
\
From Ye Olde Google!
(how old is Google I wonder....)

Sweet Tropical Dreams,
BobbiStorm
@bobbistorm on Twitter
sorry on any typos - really tired.



Link to Ryan Hall currently live for a while this Thurday
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpNdqwioL54  this link should be good for a while on Thursday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home