Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Sunday, February 18, 2024

 


Apparently it's been a week since I posted, and really it was a fast week. A blur of wind and not in a good way. To me a warm wind is never good. A cold wind is better but cold. A cyclonic wind is always best. Downdrafts before a strong line rushes through South Florida when a cold front races through....and straight line winds can be sexy!  But sometimes they don't race through and they just hang, hovering over everything from Daytona to Miami with untimely winter rain showers that imitate the May Monsoons.  

No, I'm not in Miami as I write this and my last trip was cloaked in hovering clouds and a stalled out front that hovered above until literally the last day of the trip. It was like Seattle but with coconut palm trees! And, I'm really not into gray days in Miami though I love them in Seattle. Looking forward to May Monsoons as I plan to spend more time down there once we get closer to May... We'll see my dance card is up in the air right now, everything is subject to change. Change is the one constant afterall. 

Listening to this powerhouse singer who knows who to dance. I got turned onto how good she was when she sang at an event my daughter helped put on in Miami and they spent time together and "wow" she's awesome. She came in 3rd place at Eurovision....that's bigger than anything we really have in the US. I dated a guy once who ranked at Eurovision, that was impressive after I figured out what it was lol.... he was cute without that tag to his career!

If you're wondering on why I'm not talking on the weather, it's because there really is no tropical weather to speak of where I am and should have gone to New York where they got 10 inches of snow this weekend, but I didn't. I'm in a mood. Hurricane Season suddenly seems closer than the 104 days away that it is in reality.

A front hangs draped over Florida.



This is Florida Dry Season normally.
Nothing is normal in 2024.


There's this lil cyclonic system in S Atlantic.
Fun to watch.


Everyone is watching signals.
El Nino leaving but not completely.
La Nina in the wings?
Neutral???
And an early warm signal in the ITCZ
Hmnnnn


Today is the Daytona 500.
Well it was the Daytona 500.
Postponed.

My plans for the day had been planned around Daytona.... nothing is normal. Football is over. Super Bowl was Super and in the rear view mirror. 

Heater is on..... wearing an old favorite soft flannel sweater from Victoria Secrets from the days they made cute, soft clothes that wore well and lasted for seemingly forever. Nothing lasts forever I know but things shouldn't begin to fall apart after a few months of wear and maybe they will fix that problem who knows.

But my attitude on that is how I am on models as models currently are weird and I'm talking weather models ....watching satellite imagery. Sturbbornly sitting and debating what to do today, now that it rained on the parade of Daytona. Been to Daytona but not the 500, my son has which is cool and that makes me smile.


So maybe I'll dance.
Maybe I'll go to Barnes and Noble.
Maybe I'll look at a calendar...and make plans.
Because I'm in a mood.
Not a bad mood.
Just a mood.

Will figure it out.
Weather wise I have decisions to make.
Everything revolves around weather.
I need a new dress.
Bought a new dress.
Do I wanna wear that dress?
What mood am I in?
What mood will I be in?

It's February.
I don't go to Miami in February.
I like Winter here.


Watching the kids enjoy it tho.
Miami is very real.

So that's it for this post.
I'm gonna get up and do stuff.
I made lists.
I blogged, that was on the list.
Now I'm gonna go do sometihng.

What are you doing today?
What's your weather?
What's your weather wish?
What's mine?

Have a wonderful day........
..... on my list for today was..
Listen to Noa Kirel!
Check that off.
Now I'm gone ;)


Sweet Tropical Dreams....
.....BobbiStorm

Ps she reminds me of Camila Cabello
If you didn't figure that out...
But she's not. Added her to the list.
To listen to, to dance to.
May... Miami Monsoons LOL.
Yeah, I'll be there!
May park myself there often in the Hurricane Season.
When will that begin?
Nothing in 2024 is normal!!

Teaser on discussion.
Many are comparing this set up to 2017.
Time will tell........









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home