Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Monday, January 02, 2017

2017 Starts with Winter Weather, Tornadoes and the Promise of Snow. Traveling Problems Abound... Get Home Safely!!


sat_ir_enh_east_loop-12.gif (640×512)

Traveling days are always a large question mark. Will it rain? Will it snow? Will a plane be grounded? Is there a government travel warning for the airlines your loved ones is on? So many questions. And did you know sometimes Google doesn't always update flight information while a plane is in theory in the air? True... very true.


Hmnn snow showers in Raleigh on Saturday??
Smiling on that...but that's days away.

Today many people are traveling home or to their specific destination. There are tornado warnings in the South near New Orleans moving East towards Georgia. Currently Dublin Georgia has a tornado warning. There is snow in some parts of the country and the possibility of snow this weekend in other parts of the country. Tomorrow the work week begins unless you are in sales or work in a restaurant, most of the country is still on New Years Day Vacation.


The picture above really does not show the whole story.

This is a better picture:


It's rained for days it seems in North Carolina. Not freezing cold, but the dampness makes the air feel much colder than it is in the same way a hot humid day in Miami seems hotter than it really is. I'll just leave that sentence with a preposition as I have bigger fish to fry today than being grammatically correct!

I have kids in the air today or more specifically my daughter so until she lands I'm going to be a bit nuts. If you knew the details you'd be nuts too!! Well, if she was your daughter.

Welcome to the Year 2017 where many of the countries you may want to travel to have a Travelers Warning from the State Department; some for Zika and some for terrorism. As my kids live in Miami Zika is not the threat of the day obviously. And really if you have an incredible ocean front condo with a view and Amazon Prime delivers food to your house why bother going outside where the bugs are just party hardy inside right? Love Miami...

As for me I have transitioned into transitioning my mind mode about the upcoming Israel trip. I've added a weather information page to my phone so I can feel like I'm there.


See? 
I don't know about you but when I travel I check the weather ;)
Until TWC says I'm there... I'm not there!



I'm currently looking at weather loops trying to understand the pattern.
That's how weather people's minds work.
First the weather . . .

sat_wv_east_loop-12.gif (640×512)

Note the line is moving towards Augusta then into SC.

Then the UK has it's own warnings.
https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/turkey

Different kids traveling differently.

Winter Storm Gregory is traveling through North Dakota.
It's very white in North Dakota.
Northern Minnesota where you expect winter to be has winter.
Winter will soon be returning from it's holiday vacation.

I hope your holidays were wonderful.
Richly filled with memories made and calories to work off...

Currently this is where we sit.


Winter Up North.
Spring like Severe Storms and Tornadoes in the SE.

2017....

Whatcha got in store for us this 2017 Mother Nature?

Waiting to find out in real time.

Hope your year is filled with the weather you love!

Besos BobbiStorm
@bobbistorm on Twitter






1 Comments:

At 11:38 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you Bobbi,I can't wait until June.
It's hard on us mom's when our children are traveling

 

Post a Comment

<< Home