Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Thursday, July 05, 2007

The Morning After - 4th of July

I'm thinking there are a whole bunch of people trying to wake up this morning and go to work who are thinking "4th of July on a Wednesday, boy was that a bad idea!!!!" But, hey... we celebrate the birthday wherever it falls out even if we don't get a 3 day weekend out of it.

So first...tropical round up?
Not much going on this morning.
A small discernible low pressure area makes its way slowly across the Atlantic despite very dry air and negative conditions inhibiting it from forming into anything with a name or a number. Suppose as long as it stays together ..even in it's current state.. it can do something if it gets into a favorable area. A good friend of mine who knows hurricanes told me.. it spins beautifully. Just needs to convect a bit. Maybe a few corona extras, some nice romantic music and someone to inspire her and she could spin up into Chantal but for now..she's flying below the radar. Real low.

Around the country.. in other news WEATHER was the big story of the day yesterday. Floods in Kansas and O K L A H O M A and very high temps in Vegas and the SW (over 120 degrees!!) and weather so bad in the Nation's Capital that the outdoor events had to be evacuated due to Tornado Warnings. We now know how long it takes to evacuate the Mall when someone screams TORNADO.. could be useful down the road I suppose... But, weather was wild. I should find the picture I took at my house around 3pm.. looked like Armageddon. Telling you in my neck of the woods that was some meteorological firework display going on up in those clouds.

See the pic that I took standing on my front porch facing east as that cloud bank rolled across the city from west to east.




And then................. we partied.

Deborah set up the back yard with tiki torches and tables decorated for the 4th of July. She made cole slaw, potato salad, pasta salad, baked beans and corn on the cob with hot dogs and hamburgers on the BBQ grill. Was delicious, great, perfect, beautiful and oh we had a lot of beer, cold beer. Luckily that bad tstorm a few hours earlier lowered our temps about ten degrees so we could sit out there with the tiki torches and the palm trees. Miami.. July 4th!

Beginning to set up the backyard :) with the tiki torches :)



And...then my kids who know Neptune Fireworks well as they used to get summer jobs there... brought out the big guns they had been saving up their money for.. Mind you when I say "kids" I mean 20somethings not little itsy bitsy kids. Legal to buy rockets, legal to drink (finally) and even legal to ship shells to Iraq but that's another story ......anyways...

Wow, incredible and those boys are so patriotic I cannot tell you how much they love America. I mean it. Ever see 25 year old guys, singing the National Anthem while watching their rockets bursting in mid air? Was cute, was great... was wonderful.

sample video from neptune.. similar, not the same but enjoy
light the fuse ;)
http://images.tntfireworks.com/tnt/movies/490558.html

Personally.. would like my own Mr. Wonderful to share it with next year but it is nice to have such good memories of my kids and their friends having fun. And.. I did too!

So... keep watching the tropics... keep watching the news and keep listening to great music.

All day, all morning I have had this song stuck in my mind.. and thanks to You Tube.. I can watch and listen while at work this morning.

Fly Me To The Moon... da da da de dum.. jupiter and mars..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rAsoLm1Ges
frankie boy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVCgf6_M7i4&mode=related&search=
diana krall

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aalh7fujkdw
vegas...



Fly Me to the Moon

Fly me to the moon
And let me play among the stars
Let me see what spring is like
On Jupiter and Mars
In other words hold my hand
In other words darling kiss me
Fill my life with song
And let me sing forevermore
You are all I hope for
All I worship and adore
In other words please be true
In other words I love you

repeat 2nd verse, then repeat 1st verse

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home