Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Saturday, March 18, 2006

4Sam... and ANYONE RELATED...

Beautiful song... practically know parts by heart though I am not going walk down that lonely river today...

Had a beautiful day... a beautiful Shabbos.
Sort of started out raunchy last night... lost my temper, too tired to relax
I know very "old school" term but well I am old school... Class of 72.. remember that
Darn.. just typed 71 and had to fix it.. figures I never remember my year...

Either way... was kick ass beautiful.

Temple or as we say "shul" was perfect... lots of singing, very upbeat... in a sort of huddle with a few of my best friends, "feel good" service... place was quiet, almost empty but someone was very into melody today... Nice... sat there with my "knots" and was mellow, was intense, was musically inspired... davened hard though mostly for Yaffah and a woman I know who is ill and in ICU... a lung problem... Chasya bas Chaya Sorah.. anyway... yeah I davened and enjoyed feeling so at home with loved ones.

Walked over to big Young Israel temple.. my mother wasn't there.. she asked me to come and see her. Okay..so I get a brownie point for trying... don't I? Had chopped liver and pasta with pesto and an orchid in it..some wine sauce...wow.

Came home.. relaxed, had cholent in bed and finished the book I was reading ..advance copy of London is the Best City in America... reminded me of a few of my friends ..especially Sharon and well... good book. Made you think... made me think...

Relaxed, rearranged, read and went out to a class with some friends... hung, talked, thought... thought fast... smart friends..

Came home and the 14 year old girl who everyone seems to think is 16 was in the driveway holding court... she and her brother's girlfriend TeePeed his bedroom (only a drop) which he didn't find so amusing... been there, done that... still trying to move on though I wasn't the one doing the teepeeing...

So... was really a good day... a very good day... relaxed, mellow... nice weather... heard from an old friend who I adore and glad to know he's alive... even if someone is very, very sneaky around here...

And..............................this is for Sam... his Daddy and anyone else in the family who it applies to..
Hey its better than Mr. Sandman or Close to You
Now you know why I listen to Country and Hebrew Stuff like Matisyahu
no cookies trails to memories... works for me

Enjoy and stay out of my harbor... Bobbi

ONE PARTICULAR HARBOUR
Jimmy Buffett & Bobby Holcomb
IA ORA TE NATURA E MEA AROFA TEIE AO NEI IA ORA TE NATURAE MEA AROFA TEIE AO NEI

Nature lives (life to nature)
Have pity for the Earth(Love the Earth)
I know I don't get there often enough
But God knows I surely try
It's a magic kind of medicine
That no doctor could prescribe
I used to rule my world from a pay phone
And ships out on the sea
But now times are rough
And I got too much stuff
Can't explain the likes of me

Chorus:
But there's this one particular harbour
So far but yet so near
Where I see the days as they fade away
And finally disappear
But now I think about the good times
Down in the Caribbean sunshine
In my younger days
I was so bad
Laughin' about all the fun we had
I've seen enough to feel the world spin
Mixin' different oceans meetin' cousins
Listen to the drummers and the night sounds
Listen to the singers make the world go 'round

IA ORA TE NATURAE MEA AROFA TEIE AO NEIIA ORA TE NATURAE MEA AROFA TEIE AO NEI

Lakes below the mountains
Flow into the sea
Like oils applied to canvas
They permeate through me

And there's that one particular harbour
Sheltered from the wind
Where the children play on the shore each day
And all are safe within
Most mysterious calling harbour
So far but yet so near
I can see the day when my hair's full gray
And I finally disappear
IA ORA TE NATURAE MEA AROFA TEIE AO NEIIA ORA TE NATURAE MEA AROFA TEIE AO NEI
UA PAU TE MAITAI NO TE FENUARE ZAI NOA RA TE ORA O TE MITIE
Bounty of the land is exhaustedBut there's still abundance on the sea


WHY YOU WANNA HURT MY HEARTArt Neville
Why you wanna hurt my heart?
Why you wanna hurt my heart?
When you know that I love you
Everybody else can see just how it ought to be
Everybody but you
Played your little game of deception
Soon there's gonna be a connection
When you're blue
I know it's just a cryin' shame
Nobody left to blame
Nobody but you
If I could turn back, if
I could turn back the hands of time
I'd do you a favor, straighten out confusion in your mind
In your mind
Gonna see the voodoo lady
Before this thing drives me crazy
Learn what to do, do about you
Mix me up one of them potions, forget about my emotion
Forget about you
Why you wanna hurt my heart?
Why you wanna hurt my heart?
When you know that I love you
Everybody 'round us can see just how it outta be, everybody but you
Why you wanna hurt my heart?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home