Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Thursday, March 09, 2006

So I Wonder.. How Can? Someone Smell Like a Bar Mitzvah

Tonight I went to a Bar Mitzvah party at Chabad of Aventura for some friends of mine in NMB. The Shul looks beautiful... haven't been there in a while... a long journey from the trailers parked on the empty lot that didn't even have side walks. Very nice.. very.

Nice people.. nice friends.. great music.. wonderful dancing... happy dancing... the food was good.

No.. I cannot write in full grammatically correct sentences ... this is not a test its my blog. Deal with it.

So... you take a little peppermint shnapps.. a little Godiva Liquor... ice... simcha... music... my friend Malka LK LK haha giggle oh we had fun. We danced and danced and danced and then.. when we got really tired... we danced some more. Big circle.. little circle... just the two of us.. then some more friends.

Nice to see people happy and celebrating.. especially when you have known them a long time.

I can't believe I have to go to work tomorrow.

So... I come home and my daughter Miriam comes out.... announces she is going to her best friend's house to sleep though I think they are up to something bigger... they had big bags packed. She announces I smell like a Bar Mitzvah.

What does a Bar Mitzvah smell like I ask..

She leans over.. sniffs my shoulder and says... "you know Bar Mitzvah smells"

(Mind you I'm thinking she's smelling the shnapps and getting high from it)

So I ask... "like what?"

Thinking that was stupid.. thinking she's going to tell me sweat lol.. talking no better work out in the world than a simcha with good music..

She sniffs again and says, "meat, cake.."

Her friend Michi says "let me smell"

So.. Michi smells my shoulder.. mind you we are not talking clothes.. I'm out of the party clothes and in tank top and pj clothes.. so Michi smells my shoulder and says "Bar Mitzvah"

Rivky, my fourteen year old wakes up.. comes out and says "Whats going on?"

Michi announces "We're smelling your mother.. she smells of Bar Mizvah"

Rivky walks over like this is normal ... sniffs my now very sniffed shoulder and says nodding, "Bar Mitzvah"

Okie Dokie.. it's official.. I smell like Bar Mitzvah!

L'chaim :)

Oh my gosh.. I have to work tomorrow... da da da da da da da da da... dee dee dee dee dee dee dee dee dum... ootzoo eitzah.. lalalala

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home