Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Sunday, October 23, 2005

2 AM.. Went to Brothers House with Shutters

After much thought on the matter and dealing with teenage daughters who keep wandering off with friends.. decided to go to my brother's house where I have back up and the house has shutters. It is around the corner from my house. Arguements over... here, hunkered down.. life goes on...

And...........well.. Wilma is a Cat 3 and it seems that North Dade where I live could be in the eye wall for a few hours tomorrow and makes sense to be in a house with shutters than not. Even though my house feels safe.. I tell people you shouldn't stay in house w/o shutters if it is a Cat 3 so I should listen to my own advice. Right? Sorry about the "should." Then again if I wasn't responsible for the kids.. I would be in Key West. It's not New Orleans.. there are no dikes that are breaking and it isn't a bowl and Solares Hill is high..so is the area around Truman Avenue.

So... talked to my best friend Sharon and talked to friends online, talked to my kids.. talked to my ex-husband. Didn't talk to Jim but know he would blow a gut if he knew I was staying in a house w/o shutters vs with so..didn't even go THERE... so........decided to evacuate and go to Ronnie's house.

Mind you got to evacuate in style in a low rider that belongs to some friend of my daughter's Jr. Rabbi friend. The low rider guy had a lot of tatoos and a very big trunk. Daughter's wanna be Chabad Rabbi friend took daughter in his old fashioned red jeep that I hope makes it through the storm.. cute jeep. Told them to say goodbye.. so now she's on the phone with them. Deep breath... been here before.. She's still upset I didn't let her go to the Hurricane Party on Miami Beach with all of her best friends. All of her best friends except the tatoo guy and the Chabad wanna be Rabbi I guess..

Going to bed.. or going to sit here on brother's computer that has faster cable and watch TV and the loops.

How can you not watch?

My last guess on what Wilma does..

Wilma will move faster than we believe and the north side will end up being the wet side... vs the previous thought of my side..on the south. When the front grabs her it will wrap her up real fast, neat and run for the goal line with her and dry air will wrap around fast... and this won't be a long event.. no long, long tail.. run for the end zone.. maybe even run for New England and go for a two for one and make a blizzard cane.

Everyone stay safe... and National Hurricane Center did a good job with the track... she did stay on that track. Got to give them credit where credit is due.

Hoping friends in Key West are okay. It's a small island... high but small and how fast can it take for it to get across it?

Nite all... thanks for your thoughts and prayers and smiles..

Sorry... the corn will have to hold down the house and keep it safe..that and the mezuzahs.

L'chaim.. Bobbi
ps...the wind is picking up here.. really picking up. While arguing with the boys outside that the storm was hitting before tomorrow afternoon ... a big gust came.. picked up the kid's yarmukle and he had to grab it and someone's hat went flying so I guess I won that one.. or Wilma did. They believed me, thank you Wilma.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home