Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Home and Listening to Brian Norcross

Home... cleaned up the yard with an annoyed fifteen year old boy turning sixteen next week. An eighteen year old daughter held the garbage at the door for me to come get to throw in the can cause she couldn't get her hair wet.. she just straightened it last night. Wonderful.. she straightened her hair for a hurricane. My girl.

We cleaned up, put the garbage cans in the back of the house safely...filled with crap that was around the yard that could go flying in the breeze...

Then about fifteen minutes later the garbage trucks came by and we ran back in the rain to take the garbage cans out to the curb so they could pick up the garbage.

Came home this morning to find a letter in my email from someone at another local city thanking me for inquiring about a job. In the strangest moment of hurricane madness this storm will bring me... I typed out a letter to a very nice lady who manages another local library that I was going to send out but decided at the last minute to wait and send it out after another month goes by.. to see where things stand at work. I like my job, I love my library in its way.. like the director very much but it's a part time position (38 hours) and am not paid for days off like tomorrow and that is because I need off on Shabbos and it's a long story that has to do with old rules, fiscal budgets and other nonsense. Decided to wait til the fiscal year changes and see what happens. But, the letter was in the old laptop in "to be sent later file" and this morning when I was trying to figure out what was what..with the storm I hit "send mail waiting to be sent" and ...........the letter got sent. Came home and got a nice letter back from the other lady telling me to please send me my resume just in case and some information about explanation plans they have there and well........................ okay.. who knows what wierd weather madness may have helped me do something I had wanted to do but was waiting for the right moment. Guess Katrina decided it was the right moment.

Talk about mix ups.. Crazy but true.

House is shut down but w/o shutters.. but safe for a Cat 1.. it will be a Cat 1 right?

Somehow Miami seems to now be on the messy side of the storm not the dry side of the storm.

A friend in high places I trust sent me a text message... my storm.. means further south not WPB.. ummmmmmmmmmmmm.

Going to eat, going to cook..going to move the TV into this room so I can see Brian Norcross... who is talking about the slight wobbles to the south of west.

No..we are not hyping the storm.. we are watching the radar.

Later... Bobbi
Katrina.. what would you expect from a One Life to Live storm?

Bobbi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home