Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Storm Forming By Africa. Questions on SW Carib Producing a Storm Into BOC or GOM. IDA Dropping Large Amounts of Rain Across the US Today

 


State of the Tropics Tuesday Morning.
Yellow a distant maybe.
Red off Africa upgraded today? Soon...
Ida clean up goes on and on ...
... Ida's remnants amping up rain across the US.
Hopefully no flooding anywhere but time will tell.


I'm on the road this morning so I will update this afternoon when I get where I'm going.  Know the misery in Louisiana has only begun as people get back to their homes and rescue workers look for people to rescue hoping they find no bodies to recover. Ida is a long term tragedy when it comes to the many layers of post Hurricane clean up and trying to move on with the scattered fragments of your lives. I'm not being poetic here, after Andrew I saw up close and personal how a hurricane can tear homes apart, families apart and often marriages. Life goes on but it goes on in a different way after such the castastrophic tragedy and clean up from a very strong Category 4 hurricane.

Lots of chatter on something forming in the Caribbean again and again models point to Mexico or maybe Texas but models are not reliable until a system actually forms... but they do sniff out things we should watch and pay attention to.  

The Africa wave is a real thing and should get a name sooner rather than later. Models, again they insinuate this far out, show this as possibly a Fish Storm and it's easy to see that but some models at the end run show it moving Westish again but for how long? This developing storm has OMG HUGE BIG WOW written all over it but I don't believe in early model promises. I do believe in what I see and what I see IS impressive already and there's another large wave behind it and you know how this goes by now... if one goes HIGH the one below it usually stays low.

Something to think on.

Not proofing this because no time. 
I'll update later today when I get to my destinationa.

Sweet Tropical Dreams,
BobbiStorm
@bobbistorm on Twitter and Instagram






This is the system off of Africa.
Very low now but models show it curving North.
Fish Storm or Sneaky Fake Fish Storm?
We have a long way to go before we sleep with this one.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home