Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Southern Snow... then moves up towards the NE


This basically tells the story.
A cold front so strong....
...it's diving into Florida.

Currently it's still far away.
Beginning to stick on some road ways.



Today the line is clearly defined.



Then the line fills in...
..spreads out.
Snow covers a wider canvass.
Note the gray in N Florida.
Possibly a dusting in Pensacola ..

Current image of where we are today.


Obviously possible for frozen precipitation..
...to cross that Florida Georgia Line again.
Been a real winter for a change.
Was a real hurricane season for a change.
What changed?
Papers will be written over time.

Great site for winter weather.
Great site for ALL weather.

http://spaghettimodels.com
I'll remind you again later ;)





I'm in Florida today on my way back to Carolina in a little while. I had a wonderful time with family and some treasured friends. I had a drink at Margaritaville and watched the palms sway and the waves move towards the shore. I squeezed it in fast between various obligations as I do have some priorities. I didn't get to the Keys, but this trip was not that sort of trip. March I'll be back, maybe February. I'm on other people's time these days as my kids are busy making babies, playing with bitcoins... getting presents and sharing life with me and my husband. My mother-in-law needed some extra attention and my husband's great Aunt who is somehow 97 years young and adorable needed some quality time. Kind of odd dealing with life and both ends of the spectrum... starting out and and living life at the other end after a full life. It makes you think a lot...


Took this pic blocks from my old house.
My old hang outs.

I know it looks so tropical even if it was windy and I put a jacket on. When I was young we'd walk over late Saturday afternoon to the bridge just out of view and watch the lights turn on at the hotels that lined Indian Creek. Collins Avenue twinkles in the twilight always and then long ribbons of intense colors shimmer across Indian Creek. It's the every day view that postcards try their best to capture.  Hard to explain to people you grew up in paradise; nothing really ever can compete. When my ex-husband drove me around Beverly Hills to show it off (he's a Valley Boy) I was surprised because as beautiful as it is... and it is.... there are areas in Coral Gables and Coconut Grove that are more beautiful. Okay, places on Miami Beach that are way more beautiful than Beverly Hills. I'd take Bal Harbour anyday over Beverly Hills. You would too if you knew both of them as well as I do. Not to digress from the weather, but I had some great times with my ex in LA in the 1980s; life was good. Life is always good if you work hard at making it good and find the beauty in life, places and relationships. We're friends now from a distance as he lives in NYC. I'm somewhere between Carolina and Miami on any given day with my husband or my kids or my friends. As always I'm in awe of the weather though it's nicer to be able to walk around without coats or boots or even long sleeves just feeling the breeze under the stars in January. 


But I'm going home to winter weather.
I know many of you are wondering..
"How much snow will we get?"


sat_ir_east_loop-12.gif (640×512)

This set up will continue for a while. Check out the satellite loop. Note the big huge spinning High in the Atlantic and the train of moisture pulling North from the tropics to meet up with the continual train of fronts moving across the US. You can see how this impacts the South before it finds it's way further north. Note the image from Twitter below where "Cranky" comments on this set up. I'll say it again, I expect the 2018 Atlantic Hurricane Season to be active much like the 2017 season.


There are links galore at Spaghetti Models.
If you do not do Twitter...
You can follow his feed.
Scroll down to the bottom.
On the right side.
Great discussion.


Or go to Twitter.
Best source for news.
In Hawaii...those on Twitter.
Knew the alert was not real.
Think about it.
Get on Twitter for news.

Who knew it was warmer in Alaska than Atlanta?


I'll update later today if I have the time.
Today is travel day.

Besos BobbiStorm
@bobbistorm on Twitter
Ps...again on vacation not proofing my spelling ;)


The Seminole Wind is gonna be cold...
Very cold in Florida.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home