Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Sunday, December 29, 2013

How I "Bought" Cold Weather... and not ALL abou the Tropics... All About Weather...







So I was cleaning out my purse and I came across this receipt. Sounds like something I would do..."buy weather" but as far as I know it's not for sale even at Belk. Mind you I love Belk. One of the things I will wax poetic on is how wonderful a store Belk is...however I am pretty sure I couldn't buy weather if I wanted to... so.... there I sat in bed half asleep looking through receipts and wondering what kind of mystical weather magic this could be...

I wracked my brain. Don't remember buying "cold weather" and am pretty sure if I did it would say something like "snow" not "cold weather" or it would be a ticket to Key West to stare at the tropical palm trees in December.

Sheets? Nope. Table Cloth? Nope. Snow Globe? No....  It bugged me, but then again a lot bugs me so being bugged is nothing new to me. Says "Cold Weather" very clearly on the receipt and If I bought this winter for $9 I really, really got a bargain.

I mean I could have called Brenda, but seriously doubt she'd remember me... must have been a lot of people buying cold weather as it's been pretty cold the last few days...  Who needs to put "cold weather" on sale in winter??

I let it sit there on the shelf a bit ...well when I say "shelf" I do mean mentally a shelf as my shelves are way too full to put anything on them these days.

Cleaning up the room I threw something in my socks drawer and lo and behold...there it was... "Cold Weather" in the form of some furry looking texting gloves I got to match my boots and give me an edge on the ability to text in winter which was never a problem back in Florida....



No tag anywhere says anything about "cold weather" so it just goes to show you... you never know what you might be buying on impulse at an After Christmas Sale!

That being said... I have a new way of dealing with the cold weather this morning...

I opened up a window and turned the fan on higher and am pretending I have the AC on high and it's not really that cold. I'll let you know how this works... Either it works or I may be really sick in a few days, but hey it's a nice fantasy.

Speaking of WINTER... I just want to remind people that www.spaghettimodels.com is not all about the tropics this time of year. Some really great weather sites have been added in for winter. 



Example... if you want to know if it's going to snow...the link is there or rather the image which when you click on it is a link... love the way that page is laid out.. perfect.


Do NOT love how I am not getting any snow...  and for my brother Jay sorry that shows so big I like it that way!!

I'm currently getting a whole lot of rain... 



My birthday is tomorrow. Trying to figure out where to go...what to do.... the weather is interfering :)

Will figure it out in real time...tomorrow.

That's what us Southern Girls do... we think on that tomorrow... because tomorrow often brings an inspiration that is sudden and perfect and just kind of takes your breath away with the possibilities.

Think I'll wear my snowflake charm today and hope it will channel me up some snow... 

I have an Oscar charm for Oscar season... someone remind me to wear it when that season rolls in... 

Smiling.... if Life really is a box of chocolates... mine are currently frozen truffles... Dulce De Leche frozen truffles... 


Thinking I need some Teavana or Tres Leche for my birthday....

Besos Bobbi

Keep smiling...no matter what your weather is and be careful what you buy... you might just get it!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home