Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Sunday, November 20, 2011

50/50 chance in the Atlantic for Development.. maybe...



Why do they do that? 50% I mean no one says 54% chance do they? It's always a nice round number. I'm thinking there's probably a 57% chance of some Heinz 57 sort of storm forming out there. Not really a storm.. not really prime time. Maybe it will bluster up enough rain and wind to get some late season designation but in any other season it would just be a lot of wind and rain out in the central atlantic.

In one of those moods... it won't stop raining and my plans for the morning included a long walk on Hollywood Boulevard up to the circle, around the circle and back again. The way it's raining I wouldn't make it to the end of the block without getting soaked. Nonstop flow of training rain coming in from the East with strong winds and small breaks of maybe 4 or 5 minutes at the most between them. To my north it's dry, to my south it's dry. Just training in one by one over my house.



Oh well, it's not the end of the world. I can walk later or I can dance later. I just want to see some blue skies and warm Florida weather before I have to go up north for a bit :( where it is gray all day and freezing cold and I have to put clothes on.. you know sweaters over shirts (ew) and coats and socks... I'm a tee shirt sort of girl and prefer them soft and flimsy not made for cold weather.

Either way the NHC is closely watching this system with one eye open and one eye closed. You can almost hear the yawn at the end of the discussion:

SHOWER AND THUNDERSTORM ACTIVITY ASSOCIATED WITH A LOW PRESSURE
SYSTEM LOCATED ABOUT 550 MILES NORTHEAST OF THE NORTHEASTERN
LEEWARD ISLANDS HAS BECOME SLIGHTLY BETTER ORGANIZED DURING THE
LAST SEVERAL HOURS.

Listening to old Eagles tunes interspersed with Karen Carpenter (which is something I never do... usually would prefer lying on a bed of nails than listening to old Carpenters songs...) and looking for the right song to fit my mind.

Wrong Hollywood, but a good song....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVcXuKxNwks&feature=related
(classic version)

With regard to the tropics the last week or so there hasn't been much to write or tweet about. Here in Hollywood, Florida helping out one of my kids and enjoying life but.... thinking if I was in North Miami Beach I'd be able to walk on the canal this morning.

Losing all the highs and lows ... ain't it funny how the feeling goes.....desperado... song stuck in my head while I am trying to write something deeply topical about the tropics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDNtqy0zjJA&feature=related <--- sigh

So, being the Miami girl I am... I am going to put on some Gloria Estefan music and dance inside in the AC and maybe go take a tribal fusion bellydance class later or go find some sun on the boulevard or the boardwalk.... shake it up... come on baby shake your body do that conga...

Gloria dancing on the beach in Miami -----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eH_u0IzEMsY&feature=related

Besos Bobbi <---- me saying chow for now :P

Ps... Fins game at 1... be there or be a Jets fan!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home