Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Monday, August 27, 2007

Maps, Hurricane and Otherwise



Okay so there is a lunar eclipse going on and there is NO tropical development anywhere so I am going ummm give my thoughts on the map question.

Would you believe I really do understand what she is talking about and more so... anyone on camera or on a strange IM can tell you that..sometimes words just don't come out the way you meant them to..

Especially when you are bright and this girl is bright, smart...3.5 grade point average and keeps up her athletic activities, bright, blonde, beautiful and I would bet she knew what she wanted to say but her mind was working so fast she couldn't put it all into words.

Let me... say this about that... Most Americans don't have maps.

I have them.. all over. Hurricane Maps, Maps of Key West, Maps.. I mean to quote someone quoting me a while back "I like maps" but most people don't. I even have maps on my checks. I've even been to MapFair in Miami. You know most Americans don't have those old fashioned big world maps that you use in grade school or high school where the teacher points with the stick. No.... they don't. The world looks funny on mapquest, sort of like it did before Columbus.

Americans know how to mapquest but that's just this little box on a page like the blog here... like an IM. They can barely pick out America on a big world map without squinting hard and looking constipated ...trust me they couldn't find Bolivia or Bosnia easily.

Now.. America is that country in the middle... it has a big palm tree in the upper part that is painted in blue and is called the Great Lakes. Hey.. I'm from Florida and to me it looks like a palm tree.

So.......although we all know we live in America... can the average kid in school find it easily on a spinning globe if the globe had no letters or words from just the shape? You know without boundaries or border for Canada or Mexico.

Cuba.. there's an island easy to find.
America, by the way..is just north of Cuba yet we went all the way across the world (spin the globe) to Iraq to rid a country of a dictator. See.. my point. Obviously, GW does not know geography nor does he know where Cuba is or he could have saved a whole lot of money and liberated Cuba from a dictator.

Duh!

She's beautiful, smart, bright and so she had a senior moment before her time. I do know what she meant. She probably thinks real fast like I do and sometimes, you know.. y'all just can't keep up!


I bet my hurricane friends can tell where America is... north of Cuba :) top left hand corner of the hurricane map!

How would you like to be on camera all the time, someone watching every little thing you do, words you say, things you write... hmmmnnnn ???

It's a new world. A youtube world.

Someone should give her a modeling contract. Maybe a job at a local news station and teach her how to be a morning weather girl. Just be sure to tell her NOT to stand in front of the Category 5 hurricane or a wave rolling off Africa while talking because there are a whole lot of weather girls and guys paid a fortune to show us the wave the whole time standing in front of the wave. I always wonder on that...

As for me... seems I didn't know where Ottawa was the other day. Boy, do I feel silly. I thought it was further west where they film Smallville. You see, you thought Smallville was in the middle of the USA.. wrong... they film it way up in Canada because it's cheaper. Look at those pine trees in the background next time you watch an episode... you thought that was Kansas? Think again?

You making fun of Miss South Carolina?

Right..rolling eyes... pine tree forests in Smallville ???

I don't think so ...

chow for now.. Bobbi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home