Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Time, Travel and Weather

Time travels so fast that one can hardly catch on to today's dance before it passes and is yesterday's moments... tomorrow's memories.

I went online this morning to read some inspiration and thoughts from someone I have read for the last 10 years or more. Her website came up on my sidekick slowly and I thought on how she uses that picture and how it is her Logo sort of... her face to the world and below her name was the words 1928 - 2006. My mind went numb. I knew what it meant but thought..nah couldn't mean that and I kept trying to think what else it meant but no.. it meant that. Maya Del Mar had passed away sometime earlier this week when I wasn't watching or checking her website. Blew me away. Floored me. Just somewhere, probably in Sausalito, she died. I might not have always agreed with her thoughts, her views politically but I loved her passion for what she believed and her desire to inspire those reading her columns. People with passion and purpose always amaze me. People with principles who believe standing up for them makes a difference. People who believe that one person reading one column can be moved or motivated to change their views, their lives... their actions. I can't believe she's gone. I may not have bought everything she was selling and she was one of many sites I might randomly check out on any given Sunday but time has moved on and another familar face is gone and now has that end line closer - 2006. And, end date, a page turned, a book closed shut. Makes you think on time...and how fast it passes.

Traveling... I have 3 kids in the air this afternoon. Three. Must be a new record for me. Often I have had 2 kids traveling on different planes but today... Three.

Weather... cool, getting colder.

The wind blows, the whistle blows louder and the kids on the front porch are playing the guitar on a cool Miami night as a cold front slides slowly down the state.

I'm tired. Not feeling good. Contemplating life and the world, my wonderful kids and Yud Tes Kislev off in the near future, Chanukah.

Going to go lie down and rest..after dinner is cooked. BBQ Chicken Wings and later for the later two Meyer kids...sweet and sour meatballs.

Enjoy your time well on planet earth and may you always have the right weather and the right people in your lives. Maybe everyone reading this have someone special to share their lives with tonight. I wish... upon a star? lol... I wish to have one soon too.

Love Bobbi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home