Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Monday, July 03, 2006

Matt Drudge and the Tropics, Wave approaching the islands

Okay well Matt is a very happy camper today.

He was able to go on and on last night about how there was only one storm in June and it didn't make it to hurricane status.

Personally, I think Matt is happier than the gang at the Hurricane Center.

No upswing in hurricane activity in June that would make movie producers rush out and make a new movie on the Hurricane Season that ate Milwaukee. No Hurricane Warnings for Lake Michigan.

Nope. Matt got to point out that this year was a some what "normal" year in the Atlantic Hurricane Basin.

And, I agree.

This year is more "normal" I think and that doesn't mean it will be a walk in the park but I think it will go more or less by the rules for what is a regular "busy" season vs the Season from Hell of 2004 and 2005.

It is one thing I agree with Matt on .. the other being Windmills of Your Mind being the most beautiful song.

So... that being said and before this all going to Matt's already large head..

There is a wave approaching the islands that is stronger than the last wave and looking like it wants to get attention. It is all dressed out in reds and oranges and yet the NHC has ignored it in it's morning update of the Tropics.

Keep an eye on future updates today to see if they are still able to ignore it.

John Hope always noticed and appreciated a colorful wave but he made it sit out there calling his name for a good 24 hours before he would get too excited.

There is a blob, tropical blob (check out www.hurricanecity.com for a proper definition, Chris has one there) in the Bay of Campeche (aka BOC) and there was a blob to the East of the Bahamas.

Personally, I think we should keep our eyes out towards the Atlantic and watch the shear at the entrance of the islands and the dust to see if it is getting thinned out a bit and sooner or later one of these waves will spin.

If Jay is reading this, keep watching Africa for me and you because sometime later this week a wave might come off Africa that you can track up close and personal when you are here visiting.

Til then... y'all are going to have to put up with Drudge pushing your nose in the dirt a bit on the lack of hurricane activity in June of 2006.

As for me.. I have to go to work before reading all my email :( and I start a new job today and... I'm wearing lilac eyeshadow vs jade because the green would clash violently with my sunburned face that I got at yesterday's RedSox game when the Redsox beat the Marlins for the second time this week.

It was so much fun... got to run, I have to look and sound professional.

To think.. I'll be back on Miami Beach breathing the same air as Matt :)

Laughing, sorry... oh my goodness.. where is Toto when I need him?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home