Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Monday, April 10, 2006

Cleaning for Pesach... Cool Front in Miami

Cleaning for Pesach here at the Meyer house... definitely the Meyer house these days as there are so many kids home. And, there are so many friends of the so many kids.

All who helped tremendously. Dina did the frige, Levi did the ovens.. twice.

Exhausted but more mentally than physically. Though I did paint the food pantry some odd shade of green because it was easier than cleaning it and it's tradition.

I had to clean out an old box of things so I could find something for my son. Note.. do not do this near a full moon ever. Just stared, just sighed... boxes of things and heart full of memories of things that never happened.

Fountainbleau on Miami Beach is having a liquidation sale of old objects... redecorating I guess or rebuilding. Saw photos of the ballroom in the newspaper and in the bottom of my closet. No time for sales.

Need a crock pot. A coffee grinder.

Need a new life with new memories to share with someone.

"Beth" is in town. We went for lunch... Wing Won and then walked over to Judaica where I picked up the matzah that Sruly sent me.. real Crown Heights Matzah.. not the bogus Boro Park kind or the bleached white kind from Kfar Chabad or any of the other various ones that will float through the house this Pesach. Albany Avenue... so near my old home. Was good to see "Beth" and other people coming and going.

So.......with a little help from my friends.. I am making Pesach.

Exhausted and tired from thinking, dealing with things, arrangements, notes... and yet I love Pesach.. just wish it would start and get on with it. Have to work part day tomorrow and my daughter and her husband are coming in for Pesach.

A lot of thoughts racing through my mind, here and there but they have nowhere to stop or sit and rest. Had a long talk with "Moishe" last night (a friend) and so many things are bouncing through my head. Visions of the Bronx, NY, the Poconos (I've never even been to the Poconos being a Southern Jew variety... our Poconos were the Smokeys and I've never been there either...though I have been somewhere) and... wondering on if Don Rickles really was that Orthodox though google says he came from an Orthodox family and on people who kept Yiddish alive in America yet who drifted from their Yiddishkeit. Thinking on how a lot of sons are so much like their father and yet...they are different. Oddly, we look at the resemblences between us and our parents and yet they are only in ways superficial.

Let's take "Fred" (please) and well... at least one of his sons I know of is so very much like him you could probably confuse them in the dark in ways. Yet are they really so alike? Or would his son have made different choices? Who knows...

As for "Moishe" well... hard to say they aren't anything alike but I think (not knowing the father personally unless I'm wrong on that one.. am wrong often so nothing surprises me anymore) he is so much deeper than the father. Smart, talented, creative, strong willed but............ I don't think he stands in his father's shadow... as time goes by I think it's reversed. I could be wrong.

I know my kids eclipse me and their father often... they take bits and pieces of our traits and surpass us... go beyond... move forth and forward as children are want to do...

We stand on the shoulders of our parents generation...our kids stand on ours...

You just have to keep marchine.. moving forward, never giving up and never getting negative because the negativity will kill ya everytime.

Moishe's father may have wanted to change his world a bit.. his immediate family.

Moishe would I think if he could try and change the whole world.. or at least America... this part of the hood.

I think.. who knows... somewhere, someone, someday can explain to me Algebra.

Til then I will quote the old Jimmy Buffett song.. Math Sucks!

Bobbi... who caught her third wind when the house finally fell asleep.

It was a nice picture I suppose but I'm not sure it really caught our essence... or maybe it did.. hands clasped so tightly there that you couldn't imagine anything or anyone would tear us apart..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home