Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Friday, May 27, 2005

Sunny But No Hail Yet...

Sort of kind of upset. It hailed yesterday here and I missed it. Chained to the reference desk (just kidding, love it) and heard kids screaming, laughing near the front desk and I bet it was the hail. Didn't check, being busy and all.

My daughter Rivky got hit in the head. She wants to sue and loved every minute of it. Kids in Miami always love hail. As close to snow as we get down here. As she very observantly said.. "it got windy and cold and.. then wham this hail the size of a nickel hit her in the head" She knows what a downdraft is... most Miami kids do. We know a storm can threaten and darken the sky and move vaguely eastward as the seabreeze and landbreeze meet somewhere in between...but when you feel that wonderful burst of cool air.. "run, the storm is about to hit!"

My son Zalmy got home just in time. Personally I think he got soaked and doesn't want to tell me.. but he did make it across the footbridge by the canal on his way home from school just missing the lightening storm. I was worried, love thunderstorms but not when my children are out in them... crossing water.

Miriam is home from senior trip to L.A. She likes Miami better...

Kids would be amused or annoyed I am talking about them.. I rarely do.

But, what else is there to talk about that I can say on this blog?

Saturn has taken its crummy time to get out of Cancer.
Today is the Jewish Holiday of Lag B'Omer...wish I was out for a ride in the country instead of on my lunch break.

While we are talking on Jewish things.. browsing around frumster and jdate sort of sites looking for someone I could maybe meet and spend my life with... I really want to move on, find someone and start over again. As bluntly honest here as I can be for a change instead of talking fluff. Giving up my part-time job as a muse, hanging up the keys to the minds of men who can write without me. Why Frumster or one of those Orthodox Jewish sites? Simply because I need someone who keeps Shabbos and can enjoy that part of my life. And, I do enjoy it. And, in the library here I rarely meet any Orthodox Single men and the few men I do meet who keep the Sabbath usually turn out to be 7th Day Adventists.. a lot of sweet South American and Carribean folk who offer to go out but its the wrong sort of Sabbath for me. The last time I met some really cute, gorgeous Jewish looking guy with a Jewish sounding name.. he turned out to be an Ojibwe Indian. Maybe I should move somewhere.. break the stagnant pattern of my life. A nice life but not the life I really want to live. All the cool storm chasers are usually married or very wierd (but nice) young kids. Met someone online I liked a lot, really a lot but he disapeered... probably thinks I write too much or am too strange or who knows why... shame, I really, really liked him.

So.............here I am.. Friday, on the verge of Memorial Day Weekend, clouds building slowly into the sky. Just a librarian. Not a muse or amused any longer. Wishing it would rain or storm or hail just a little.

I heard the Red Sox are losing... my ten year old "baby" told me.. he follows them obsessively now for some reason... creeps that they are, so do I on occaision. Ricky Williams may turn up in Dolphin Training Camp... I think HE has a more complicated life than I do. Maybe over the 3 day weekend I'll work on my book. Maybe I'll dye my hair...maybe I'll move somewhere...

Great lyrics .. wonderful musical.. Best Little In Texas ;)

Me.. I'll be just fine..
Good Shabbos!
Bobbi

"Hey, maybe I'll dye my hair
Maybe I'll move somewhere
Maybe I'll get a car
Maybe I'll drive so far
They'll all lose track
Me, I'll bounce right back

Maybe I'll sleep real late
Maybe I'll lose some weight
Maybe I'll clear my junk
Maybe I'll just get drunk on apple wine
Me, I'll be just

Fine and Dandy "

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home