Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Tuesday, February 07, 2023

Listening to Mike Do Daily Brew... While I Do Coffee and Loops. In the Mood to Talk Tropics.... Is Chilly in the Carolinas But My Mind on Hurricane Season



Woke up this morning really in the mood to hear about the tropics vs the Petering out winter the Carolinas is having and the nonstop parade of severe weather in the South that has made up 2022 and now this 2023 part of winter. I impulsively went to YouTube this morning around 9:30 and "wow Mike's on" was my first thought and so I clicked. Often in life good decisions are made without overthinking it....though sometimes you end up in odd territory that you didn't see coming down the road when you impulsively took a road trip off the main highway. It can change your life... I warn you!


Mighty nice spin in the Atlantic No Name Low



I lived in California a long time. I had to learn to not say "expressway"but "freeway" and then back in Miami I was corrected constantly that it's an "expressway" but now living up in the Carolina... we call them all highways. Our highways go by numbers I-40 or 440 or 540, etc. I was so damn happy to see Mike talking on the Internet Highway about the tropics and weather. Weather first, as we aren't in the Hurricane Season but I see the Low in the Atlantic is whetting our appetite for tropical discussion. He's not usually on Tuesday morning and I'm not usually on YouTube at this time of the morning. Yay!


And, of course he got around to talking about El Nino that most likely will be in our tropical road this hurricane season. Listening to Mike talk is like listening to the thoughts in my head coming out of someone else's mind. And, there's a good reason for that, we've talked tropics for a long time. And, we agree on a lot of things as we have seen them play out over and over.

El Nino does NOT mean nothing to worry about. La Nina doesn't mean time to panic. Many storms in La Nina stay far out at sea and often during El Nino storms form or intensify closer in such as Andrew and the 1935 Labor Day Hurricane and blow up in your face just when you thought you had nothing to worry about.  It's basically all Click Bait as this past year was "oh my gosh a La Nina" and yet we went through a quiet 6 week period where many mets online declared the season over and no it was not over just postponed. El Nino does tend to shut down the SW deep Caribbean but that's not exactly our area of Main Development and it favors closer in storms more likely to make a memorable landfall!

So stay tuned.

That's it. 
No long rants.
Gotta a headache I can't lose so going to the chiropractor later today. 
Warmer day today, sunny skies and I'm going to take advantage of that!

Gotta enjoy the weather when you got it!

Sweet Tropical Dreams...
Besos BobbiStorm
@bobbistorm on Twitter and Instagram

Ps... yes severe weather in the South and long term models show weather that probably will not happen when it gets into the short term. February 2023 goes on and on..


Song of my life ;)




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home