Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Weather a Matter of Perspective and some music...

So, it occurs to me today while walking on Lincoln Road at lunchtime.. it's all a matter of perspective when it comes to weather.

My room was freezing, the main building was hot. I felt like Goldilocks in search of the perfect temperature and some quiet time away from the gardeners who were making out building look beautifully manicured.

Tourists were wandering around in tank tops, bikini tops and bathing wear.. locals were dressed in winter clothes sporting fancy new high heeled boots.

An ibis seemed to be lost under a tree that sported a family or two full of parrots.

My son in Postville IMed me to tell me it's snowing AGAIN........

My daughter in Miami has a ticket to go to NY for a weekend to see snow...

Everyone is in search of the weather they want... and somewhere else, a person is complaining there is too much snow, too much sunshine, too much rain.

Are we ever happy? Or are we perpetually lost like the little Ibis walking around carefully trying to navigate down the hill of vines that were wrapped around the ficus tree where he somehow lost himself.

I was trying to work on my unfinished novel while avoiding working on an article I really need to finish. Okay.. I don't "need" to finish it.. it's not due at the editor for some time. The novel calls to me, begs me to work on it and amazingly I was able to do that today.. until the gardener showed up with his whole crew.

So much to do.. so little time... such beautiful weather in Miami today.. unless you wanted to ski or sled down a hillside.. in that care, you were out of luck.

Enjoy some music from my son's site and listen to the sampler... of course unless you were looking for Greek music or Indian music in which case you would need another website because music like weather is all a matter of perspective.

http://sameachmusicpodcast.libsyn.com/

Besos Bobbi
Ps.. did you know it's a reference question to be asked "will it snow in NY if I can get a $5 fare on Spirit? Can't say.. no promises. Hurricanes I can predict, snow... nope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home