Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Thunderstorms and Music

When I watch the water vapor loop... I hear music and it flows like music from Enya that I have listened to for hours and hours at work and lying on a table waiting for Harvey to adjust me and make the pain go away. Or just let me leave, go home and gosh how I hated lying there doing nothing, face down thinking about my life unable to relax despite the music. He'd turn the lights off, say "go to sleep. RELAX!" lol but I'd think... sometimes I'd float away and then wake up all disoriented with him working on me.

The water vapor loop flows.. it shows the world, the clouds, the moisture

http://weather.unisys.com/satellite/sat_wv_east_loop-12.html

Watch it... can't you hear the music of the spheres?
Youtube it and watch the water vapor loop..




A front moving across the Plains, in a push me pull me sort of movement bringing winter, snow and the tide of time to those who remember summer but are immersed in the reality of winter descending upon them.

“There is music in the beauty, and the silent note that cupid strikes, far sweeter than the sound of an instrument; for there is music wherever there is harmony, order, or proportion; and thus far we maintain the music of the spheres.”

Sir Thomas Browne... a quote that has been misquoted over and over since the sweet little man wrote it. Pythagoras wrote: There is geometry in the humming of the strings, there is music in the spacing of the spheres.”

And Shakespeare... good old Will said perfectly:

“Music do I hear?

Ha, ha! keep time: how sour sweet music is,
When time is broke and no proportion kept!
So is it in the music of men's lives.”

Love a man.. love his music (unless it's Beethoven lol) and I know because I sure have a ton of it filling up my closet where I hide it when annoyed or in my computer, everywhere. I don't buy music, I just wait for it to come to me usually (thanks).. Say it in a song and you can't go wrong. What's that song.. from the great Jim Croce Album "Photogaphs and Memories" that I used to lie awake listening to for hours in the early 80s in LA...I think I'll have to tell you in a song.

So............in music, memories are real, people are with you always and you are surrounded by the passion of their heart.. something we let go of and give in to when we listen to our music.

Anais Nin said...
“Music melts all the separate parts of our bodies together”
"Good things happen to those who hustle.”
“Jazz is the music of the body”
“Electric flesh-arrows... traversing the body. A rainbow of color strikes the eyelids. A foam of music falls over the ears. It is the gong of the orgasm.”

And dance... allows you to say what even the best writer cannot say with words. I've loved a man who was cryptic. I've loved a few men who were cryptic. I'm way too cryptic but if you watch me dance... you can only sit in wonder and what makes my feet move, my body spin, my heart sing and my mind flow.

for him... in his pirate white shirt lol
smiling



Pss... a weather post below... called "Thunderstorm"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home