Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Bill Nelson Responds.. and better mood Thursday :)



Okay, I'm in a better mood. Back to sunny Bobbi I suppose.
Was just being bombarded it seems by spam from sam or too many Eddies on Harmony.com wanting to go out. Seriously? Can a Jewish Girl find a Jewish Guy on EHarmony.Com? I wonder... so many sites to choose from, so hard to figure out where to put your money.

Either way... I'm Okay! You know.. I'm Okay, You're Okay and if by chance we meet sometime... that would be OKAY too lol, giggling. Old joke, still think that was a sucky yearbook. :) Well, what can you expect from a generation Lost IN Space?

So..here I am, Bobbi's back and smiling.
You know.. sunshine, strawberries, lollipops and hurricanes.
Starbucks, Victoria Secrets and maybe go to a bookstore today on my lunch break today. Where I work Carlos makes the BEST columbian coffee any columbian I know has ever made.. heaven.

So... Bill Nelson's office has responded to people who have inquired a concern about QuickScat and Proactive Proenza's job future. He has sent out letters and released this link to his website. You see..letters help even if just a little and seems Senator Nelson writes them himself.

So.. I ask one thing of yall today.. if you can take a few minutes email a letter to him thanking him for his help and or asking him to keep up the pressure to those in high sources to take off the pressure off of the Head of the NHC Bill Proenza and let him do his job.. which is to do the best job he can with all the resources he needs to properly analyze the tropical satellite imagery and give us early, accurate warnings.

Thank you and don't fret on me.. I'll be fine, I always am.
I am never down for long..

Just have to change the soundtracks in my mind and maybe listen to some other sort of music today. Elvis? Celine Dion? The Foundations? Gloria Estevan?

Smile.. there are blue skies, sunshine and no sunspots on the face of the sun today!

Love Bobbi

http://email.capitolenews.com/html.asp?gcTAv48nEF+5Lj3f/iK6YxVruDZ2Lxviuo6sPfx4gosttrjpDOg0q4Bc0fVniqNH

summary below of the letter from Senator Bill Nelson in italics... and the email address above to give him your support and thoughts on this very important matter. You might ask him to have the Hurricane Center's Budget problems put in the dropdown line so people will see it and we know where to write. I put one letter in budgeting and another in Space. Others I know sent it in the environment. Wherever you put it.. write a letter, send him an email, call his office.. do something, you'll feel better for taking the action.

Thanks.. now Bill's words below from the letter he sent out to many who emailed him already.


"Recently, I learned from the director of the National Hurricane Center (NHC) that the hurricane tracking satellite we rely on is running on a backup transmitter and could fail at any time. The satellite, known as QuikSCAT, was launched in 1999 and was designed to last just three years.

As a result, I'm sponsoring legislation to fund the development and launch of a next-generation hurricane tracking satellite to replace the aging QuikSCAT. Our nation's weather forecasters have come to rely on the data they receive from QuikSCAT to more accurately predict the track and strength of hurricanes. Should this satellite fail and no replacement is immediately available, our tracking ability will be greatly diminished. With lives and property in the balance we must take immediate steps to develop a replacement. I appeared on CNN to help bring national attention to this critical issue and get the public's help in convincing the Congress to quickly fund a replacement.

Unfortunately, the director of the NHC has been reprimanded for speaking up about QuickSCAT. I believe, as the Miami Herald reported today, that Director Proenza ought to be commended—instead of muzzled--for his commitment to public safety, and I wrote a letter to Commerce Secretary Gutierrez telling him so."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home