Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Superman Sunday & Devil Wears Prada, Nothing in the Tropics

I took the day off today from the tropics and from the news and went to the movies with a friend and my youngest son. It was just what the Doctor would have ordered had I asked the Doctor. Rest and relaxation far from the CNN and FOX show and away from people calling the house every few minutes.

Shuky is okay, for now.. in Jerusalem and staying put there.

I turned off the cellphone and relaxed. It was nice. Really nice.

Devil Wears Prada and Superman.

Devil Wears Prada was good, reminded me a lot of things I have gone through and learned from work related the last few years. Glad to be out of there even though I enjoyed it despite the frentic energy of everyone being nuts all the time worrying on the boss .. if she was in or not in or leaving on vacation or...

But, all and all.. we got along. I held my own. A strange bond of respect. Hey, she gave me her shoes a few times. Let me buy them for a penny so we didn't become enemies and we didn't. A mutual respect, I learned a lot and I left. I took her advice on that oddly, never stay in one job too long unless you are planning on retiring there. Grab an opportunity when it comes because otherwise it passes you by and you don't always get a second chance at opportunities. Well..sometimes you do but rarely when they are work related.

As for Superman..

Was that a Pomeranian? A little Pom dog Lex's girlfriend owned? Hmmmnnn

Best scene when Lois is saved on the plane by Superman has to be one of the best scenes I've seen in ages. The line that didn't need to be used wasn't. Good writing there. I guess the point was proved. Lois needs Superman even if the world didn't even though the world did.

Was it just me or did the movie have a really strong Christian sort of energy on the son and the father and that image of Superman floating in space with his arms spread wide like he was going to land near that big statue of Christ down in South America somewhere? Maybe it was just me. Jesus in a plaid shirt walking in from a corn field... Hmmmnnnnn

What can you say about a man who wants to save the world in a plaid shirt and pretend to be a mild, meek mannered man as opposed to the incredibly brillant, strong, courageous man he is living an AKA life in Metropolis?

Not bad, good movie. Of course I didn't like Eve Marie Saint as Ma Kent. I think she's a big small, the real one is much bigger. And, it must be hard for Clark to come home and see Lois did fine without him, maybe even better than she did with him there.

Life does go on .. you know?

And, on and on and on...

I had a good time at the movie. I had a good time tonight even though I just hung out and talked politics and life and shot the breeze a bit.

The tropics can wait til tomorrow.
The world can turn without me til tomorrow.
But, can it turn without Superman turning the pages?
Don't know but it can turn without me blogging on the weather.

Going to go lie down and listen to the most confusing and annoying man this side of Smallville, a man who would never be caught dead in a plaid shirt.. Matt Drudge. Not because I like his politics but I might get one more shot at Windmills of My Mind.

Oh come on laugh! It's a joke. A private one but a joke.

Good song, love that song.

Wonderful, crazy friend sent me so many versions of it. One of Sting singing it. That's how they know me so well.

Can Lois survive without Clark or without Superman?

We will see... as Clark says, Lois does well when her back is against the wall and then she is her most dangerous. Can Lois be dangerous? Hmmm don't know. Ask the Pomeranian ;)

Love the Seaplane. Jimmy Buffett would love it.

And, as for Jimmy... awww Jimmy is so cute but I am still trying to figure out for sure who Perry is :)

Who cares?
Life goes on..

A song for the Life Goes on man.. because I never told him I loved him
How could I? I didn't know, maybe he did.

No tropics tonight, warm tropical nights in Miami
Take care, be well.. talk tropical tomorrow
Love Me..
*****

Ghost Story, by Sting
I watch the western sky
The sun is sinking
The geese are flying south
It sets me thinking

I did not miss you much
I did not suffer
What did not kill me
Just made me tougher

I feel the winter come
His icy sinews,
Now in the firelight
The case continues

Another night in court
The same old trial
The same old questions asked
The same denial

The shadows closing round
Like jury members
I look for answers in
The fire’s embers

Why was I missing then
That whole december?
I give my usual line,
I don’t remember

Another winter comes
His icy fingers creep
Into these bones of mine
These memories never sleep
And all these differences
A cloak I borrow
We kept our distances
Why should it follow that
I must have loved you?

What is a force that binds the stars?
I wore this mask to hide my scars
What is the power that moves the tide?
Never could find a place to hide

What moves the earth around the sun?
What could I do but run and run and run?
Afraid to love, afraid to fail
A mast without a sail

The moon’s a fingernail
And slowly sinking
Another day begins
And now I’m thinking

That this is indifference
Was my invention
When everything I did
Sought your attention

You were my compass star
You were my measure
You were a pirate’s map
Of buried treasure

If this was all correct
The last thing I’d expect
The prosecution rests
It’s time that I confessed
I must have loved you
I must have loved you


ps if you are STILL reading this..............

Nothing is happening in the Tropics today and Life Goes On

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home