Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Friday, August 06, 2004

A Brand New Day..

New possibilities blowing my way.
Some will go and some will stay.

Waves worth watching.
Posts worth reading.

This is my thought for the day.

I want a man who understands THIS song ;)
That's what I want.

SMART WOMAN (IN A REAL SHORT SKIRT)
Jimmy Buffett and Marshall Chapman
Bimbo limbo is where I've been
I know you know that it's wearing me thin
The times are changin'
and it's about timeI'm rearranging all the guilt in my mind

Chorus
I'm looking for a smart womanin a real short skirt
Smart woman who knows how to flirt
Smart woman got a mind of her own
Smart woman that'll take me home
Take me home
I'm not your macho kind of guy
But I can be so when I'm feeling shy
Hey baby where'd you get your good looks
Ooh babe I want to carry your books
Chorus

I'm looking for a smart womanin a real short skirt
Smart woman show knows how to flirtSmart woman got a mind of her ownSmart woman that'll take me homeTake me home
Beauty and brains (beauty and brains)
Best of both worlds (best of both worlds)
Think I can change
If you'll be my be my be my girl
Chorus
I'm looking for a smart woman in a real short skirt
Smart woman sho knows how to flirt
Smart woman got a mind of her own
Smart woman that'll take me home
Take me home

also a cute song pull apart the lines yourself lol
and yes...long sting's brand new day.. put it in a google search ;)

THAT'S WHAT LIVING IS TO ME Jimmy BuffettJason Mason hears the soundThe whistle blows in CongotownAnd the mail boat's in mail boat's in
It brings him things from oh so farOld magazines and Snickers BarsA simple man a simple landThe world's too big to understand
ChorusBe good and you will be lonesomeBe lonesome and you will be freeLive a lie and you will live to regret itThat's what living is to meThat's what living is to me
On a timeless beach in HispaniolaA young girl sips a diet colaShe's worlds apart worlds apartThe spirit of the black king stillReverberates through Haitian hillsHe rules the sea and all the fishWhat if he had a TV dish
ChorusNow in the far off regionsthe foreign legionKeeps the thieves and the predators at bayWhile closer to homesome bad boys still roamThe streets aren't safe so give itOne more day, one more day
The stories from my favorite booksStill take on many different looksAnd I'm gone again, home againThe time has come the walrus saidAnd little oysters hide their headMy twain of thought is loosely boundI guess it's time to mark this down

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home