Edouard 11 AM Still 50 MPH Near Landfall .... Headed Towards Land. NHC Holds Out Hope of Intensifying Possible to Hurricane. I'd say 55 MPH... ish. Headed to the Texas Louisiana Line
11 AM at the bottom... keep reading.
Current Dvorak...here and again at the bottom.
Making Landfall in it's way.
compare and contrast IR with earlier
8 AM below keep reading in real time ;)
like life :)
like life :)
That's Edouard spinning.
While color IR is always sexy.
Dvorak above measures intensity.
It's an important site.
NHC mentions it often in discussion.
Note the white blow up....
...close in to the coast.
That's a sign it's trying to do something.
It's hard to really write this morning as I have thoughts I don't want to really say. NHC keeps talking on Intensification coming and holding out chance that it can attain hurricane winds... gust. Look at that Visible Image just taken, it's partially onshore. It's not "Landfall" until the center crosses the finish line so it's not landfalling yet. But it's clear parts of Edouard are over land, and land interaction can take a bite out of a storm that is not strong. Water is hot close in. Storms do odd things close in, think on all those BOC weak nothing storms that ramp up just before they cross the finish line. So wouldn't say it cannot rule that out and the NHC hoisted a Hurricane Watch and that's good as people will take it more seriously.
NHC just posted an update.
50 MPH
Pressure 1000 MB
It's that's close to the coast.
A map of where Edouard is heading.
NHC say 65 MPH "on the coast"
Well that could verify. It could be stronger or weaker. I'm going with 55 MPH as most likely, though who really knows it's a very small storm and they are prone to spin up should they get the chance quickly. Better to be prepared than not. Chasers be chasing. Had this been by the coast in NC I definitely would have gone down to the beach for it. Would so love to go down to the beach for a storm.. .heck I'd go for an Invest this year. Last year I was at OBX as Erin was offshore.... awesome there when there's an storm out at sea kicking up the waves and the wind and the sand.
I'll be back when the next advisory comes out I really, really want to take a long shower. I think better in the shower. I wonder does that happen to most people or just writers?
Stay tuned!
Note they lowered their expectations wind wise...
Currently they say it's 50 MPH
It's really ...in my opinion....making Landfall slowly
(mine, not NHC saying that)
though they did put the new Cone at the shore line.
Also taken anything higher than 35 out of wind probs.
That is very telling.
I'm still going with 55 MPH
But think they brought the recon back so...
...will see land observations.
Radar Imagery
Best it has looked really.
Be back later with some real thoughts.
Regarding September.
I would not count out development.
Close in...
...up in the Atlantic
More thoughts another time.
Shower was awesome.
Got things to do....
watching friends chase as I do things.
BobbiStorm
@bobbistorm on X
Yes old movie. Love it tho.
Love the soundtrack.
I was living in LA
Good Times
West Hollywood/Melrose
Watched it in theatre on Hollywood Blvd
In truth this hurricane season has been a lot like...
...looking for development in all the wrong places.
Hoping to find something to track...
...something to chase.
Something to feel...
wind, rain, breeze
gusts and sea foam flying down the beach.
People are often attracted to the wrong people...
...or the right ones if time does not run out.
As the NHC says.
Models want to see a hurricane somewhere.
They are programmed to fetch so to speak.
Water Vapor loop never lies.
Honest.
Mimic doesn't like either.
Making Landfall as I type.






0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home